|About the Artist:
Born to American and French parents, Valerie Leonard has always been surrounded by a world of images. Her mother was a painter, and her father, photographer, Herman Leonard.
When she presses the shutter, she remembers the doctrine of her father: "Always tell the Truth, but in terms of Beauty".
Valerie Leonard strives for her work to embody to this search for truth and beauty of human beings, whatever their origin or wealth.
Far from seeking aesthetic or false compassion, she wants to show the dignity of these women and men, in particularly hostile environments.
Throughout her trips around the world she focused her work particularly on a theme that she named “Labours of Hercules”.
A series of photographs where she attempts to show with utmost respect and admiration the nobility and courage of those living in difficult conditions.
- Silver Star Award. ND Awards.
- Shortlisted SONY WORLD PHOTOGRAPHY AWARDS.
- Honorable Mention IPA Category "People, children".
- Finalist TRAVEL PHOTOGRAPHER OF THE YEAR.
- Nominee NATURE IMAGES AWARDS.
- Honorable Mention IPA Category one Shot, one world.
- Honorable Mention "BEST OF PHOTOGRAPHY".
- Honorable Mention WINNER OF PX PARIS.
- Honorable Mention IPA category "Wildlife" .
- Honorable Mention IPA category "People ".
- Bronze Medal "ART EN CAPITAL" Grand Palais Paris.
- Photographer of the Month NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC France Website.
- 1ST PRIZE NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC CHANNEL'S CONTEST FRANCE.